I’m not a day or a week or a month counter. All I know is that I quit back in November. That’s an eternity for some, an eye blink for others. Here is what I’ve learned so far.
- I don’t know.
- If one day at a time is too long, you better make it one hour, or even one moment.
- I’m not powerless over alcohol.
- Life without beer is less fun but more happy.
- *Still an asshole.* Or, “You’re still the same old girl you used to be.”
- I imagine beer tasting better than it does in fact taste.
- Sobriety isn’t a solution, it’s a step that makes other solutions possible.
- Tomorrow I’m getting hammered, but not today!
- I can’t do it without the support, but in the end I’m alone.
- Different people take different paths, and mine doesn’t lead to a higher power.
- Sober friends who have been through the wringer are there when I need them most.
- I like it when people ask me if I’m still sober.
- Driving at night is legal.
- It’s not that hard to do the dishes.
- If I’m 100% sober, I can’t be 100% at anything else, and that’s okay.
- A bunch of tiny improvements make the big picture better.
- After 5:00 PM the words on the page don’t start to blur.
- Newton’s Third Law of Motion applies to drinking: The misery of watching others drink causes an equal and opposition degree of happiness at awaking without a hangover.
- You can do it.
- We all die anyway, so enjoy the journey if you can.END
For $2.99 per month you can subscribe to this blog and hopefully it won’t be too preachy. Click here and select the “subscribe” link in the upper right-hand corner. Thank you!