Bike Racing Survey Analysis

October 19, 2015 § 17 Comments

It pays to have friends in high places, and barring that, to have friends who are really, really, smart.

I got an email from Heidi Christensen the other day offering to analyze our bike racer survey. The survey had been put together by Joe Camacho at Velo Club La Grange, and although we had the canned Survey Monkey results it was gibberish, which is mostly what you’d expect from a bunch of monkeys.

Heidi, however, is a pro, and she took the raw data (I’m still not even sure what raw data is … uncooked? Does it go with a Paleo Diet?) and put together this eye-popping analysis.

Thank you, Heidi, and CHECK IT OUT HERE!!

2015_bike_racer_survey_analysis_heidi_christensen

END

————————

For $2.99 per month you can subscribe to this blog and occasionally run across intelligent writing, but only when it’s written by a contributor. Click here and select the “subscribe” link in the upper right-hand corner. Thank you!

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

§ 17 Responses to Bike Racing Survey Analysis

• Tom Paterson says:

Scanned for the moment, tucked away and saved for future reference.
    Thanks to all involved, good work.

• bob says:

Wow! Nice info, and thanks!

• sibex9591 says:

Holy crap! This person knows their raw data and what to do with it.

• Matt Smith says:

Amazing work, Heidi!

• Heidi Christensen says:

Who the hell puts that many charts into a report?? Thanks for the kind (so far) words. Glad I could help; hope you can pull something useful out of it.

• fsethd says:

More than just “help.” You brought light into the darkness! You’re amazing.

• Joe Camacho says:

Thank you for making sense of our random questions.

• Heidi Christensen says:

You are very welcome. Like I said, glad I could help. Sorry I didn’t give you due credit in the summary intro; I didn’t really know where the survey came from.

The questions were fine, although we might think about tweaking them a little if you repeat this next year. 🙂

• Worldchamp says:

It’s nice to have friends, period. You seem to have a lot of friends that have a wide variety of talents. And Heidi is right up there! I LOVED the summary: short, concise, all information in a clear, easy to digest the format. I’m very impressed. The details were great too (and useful for many involved parties), but the summary is gold.

• David Huntsman says:

I think a good question set, in hindsight, would be about masters 30+ racers: how many junior-age kids do they have, do they ride bikes at all, do they ride bikes with mom/dad on the road, do they race, if not then why not, et cetera.

• fsethd says:

Agreed. There’s also a whole world of bike racers out there who are young and totally into it and who will never do a USAC race: Fixed gear riders.

• […] about why this is. Seth did a survey a while back to see why his readers did or didn’t race. The findings aren’t all that surprising. People are concerned about crashing. They’re concerned […]

What’s this?

You are currently reading Bike Racing Survey Analysis at Cycling in the South Bay.

meta