I am a slow learner. But I’m getting there.
- Suck wheel.
- Eat three times a day (not three + snacks).
- Super light climbing wheels work.
- Fruit is better than chocolate.
- Keep the knives in the kitchen drawer razor fucking sharp.
- Nothing reverses aging.
- The rider who moves first almost always loses.
- Don’t ever be the strongest rider in the break.
- Better to let the winning move go and hope it gets brought back than to go with a winning move from which you can’t possibly win.
- Numbers and data are generally your enemy.
- Ride less.
- Hurt less.
- Go all in at least once a week. But not for very long.
- Everyone gets dropped.
- If you’ve been riding and racing for ten years or more, you don’t need “base” anything.
- It’s easier to lose and maintain weight loss with less variety in your diet.
- Follow only great wheels.
- Practice descending inches off great wheels.
- If it’s not fun you’re doing it wrong.
- Lightweight, yes.
- Aero, yes x 3.
- Share. No one was born doing this.
- “What’s your name?” is the nicest thing you can ever say to a new face.
- Remembering it is the second.
- If you expect repayment, it’s not a favor.
- Does your wife care who won the climb or where you are on Strava? Neither does anyone else.
- Bicycles are for transportation.
- Everything eventually wears out, including you.
- Greet the day, clean your chain.
- Noel will get back on his bike one day.
- It’s not worth fighting over.
- “Good job!” doesn’t cost anything to say.
- No one asked you.
- After you die, there is no after.
For $2.99 per month you can subscribe to this blog and learn the rules. Click here and select the “subscribe” link in the upper right-hand corner. Thank you!