Have you been accused (unfairly!) of cheating? Learn from Chris Froome how to prove you’re innocent!
- Deny doing anything wrong. “I haven’t done anything wrong!”
- Promise to investigate. “We will get to the bottom of this!”
- Express shock. “I have no idea how this happened!”
- Delegate to your flak. “We will show through laboratory testing that Chris’s kidneys weren’t working properly that day he won the queen stage and the overall of a grand tour.”
- Show empathy. “I understand how this is upsetting to people.”
- Appreciate support. “I am so thankful that the other racers have been supportive.”
- Spend money. “I’ve hired Killum, Lyan & Cheate to represent me in this matter.”
- Talk about due process. “We must respect the system and the process.”
- Focus on training. “I’ve done 5,000 km last month and feel great.”
- Repeat 1-9 endlessly.
Feel free to add your own …
For $2.99 per month you can subscribe to this blog and pay to support what you might otherwise take for free. Click here and select the “subscribe” link in the upper right-hand corner. Thank you!