Lies my airline told me
January 24, 2019 § 3 Comments
The only people who lie aren’t just defense counsel. Flying up north today and some good ol’ fashioned lies from the friendly skies …
- We’re glad to have you aboard.
- We hope you enjoy your flight.
- You can just sit back and enjoy your flight.
- It has been a pleasure having you on board.
- We know you have a choice.
- We hope you enjoy your complimentary snack.
- The flight attendants will be happy to assist you.
- We hope you will be flying with us again soon.
- We’ll be taking off soon.
- We’ll be on our way shortly/soon/in just a few minutes.
- We should be pushing back in a few moments.
- We are working to get you there with the precision of a fine watch.
- We hope you are comfortable.
A plaintiffs’ attorney once told me that he knew how another plaintiffs’ lawyer is lying — “his lips move.” He wasn’t talking about, as I recall..:
He wasn’t talking about you…
As far as he knew.